I’ll explain what you need to do in your Zoho CRM in order to have a successful synchronisation of data in this Zoho MarketingHub Tutorial.
Recap From The Previous Video
- Use Structured Data fields for Synchronisation.
- Make sure the data is clean.
- Synchronise Leads, Contacts or another module.
- Make sure you have sufficient admin privileges for you user.
- Ensure you have the correct subscription level for the number of sync records.
- Step 1 – Log in
- Step 2 – Turn on the interaction
- Step 3 – Create the mailing list and GDPR settings
- Step 4 – Create the synchronisation
Important note about syncs
- Avoid multiple syncs into the same mailing list
- Note that other users may have syncs to the same lists as well.
Mailing Lists and GDPR
- When creating a mailing list for the first time, you need to set your consent rules.
- We will select GDPR because we have EU based data.
- Choose multiple purposes for your mailing lists.
Mailing List and Topic Set Up
- Name the topic (this is the purpose of sending emails) similar to the sync name.
- Select your Data Processing Basis – We selected Legitimate Interest as our consent basis, select the most appropriate but beware, they change the way you use data in MarketingHub.
- Provide a Legitimate Interest Assessment file if you have one.
- Create a Mailing List, give it a name, select No for the signup option and provide a description of why the recipient has been added to the mailing list.
- Do not set up consent emails yet if you do not know what you are doing.
- Immediate Sync – sends data into MarketingHub whenever a new record is created in the CRM system or the fields updated.
- Periodic Sync – will send the records from the CRM into MarketingHub at specific times.
- Give the sync a name and select which leads you wish to synchronise, either All Leads / Contacts or a List View.
- Select the mailing list from earlier.
- Select the appropriate exclusion options, best practice is:
- Exclude opt out from the mailing list.
- Exclude converted leads from the mailing list.
- Map the fields from the CRM system to fields in Marketing Hub.
- If the fields don’t exist already in Marketing Hub then then select New Field on the right to create it.
- Pressing Initiate begins the sync immediately.
Marketing Hub to CRM
- In the sync list, select the settings to go to the Campaigns to CRM settings.
- Make sure at least Create Campaigns and Push Member Status is selected. Update email Opt out is dependant on how you want to use mailing lists.
- Make sure you have the correct user permission levels for syncing.
- Create a mailing list with the correct GDPR rules that apply to your business and usage case.
- Don’t just buy data, you don’t really have consent and you may regret it.
- Select the correct interval for syncing, either immediate or scheduled. Make sure the fields you want are mapped.
- Ensure you have the correct settings going back to CRM too.